Development of Apps at KLD
In the course of some tasks, it was convenient and cost-effective to develop implement use tablet or computer-based apps, which also enhanced data quality. Mobile applications allow for instant data collection and immediate data storage, both of which are significant advantages for effective fieldwork. A few of the results are shown below.
CISS – Task Analysis Study
The purpose is to gather data measuring durations of certain time-intensive tasks in an enough detail to understand inefficiencies:
- Apply a data driven approach to making data collection more efficient
- Collect data directly from Crash Technicians as tasks are performed
CISS – Basic Training Evaluation Survey
The purpose is to evaluate each of 5 Basic Training Sessions. This application is designed so that:
- Trainees can give their opinion about the effectiveness of Crash Technician training
- Feedback can be used to improve all aspects of the training
TPMS – Tire Pressure Monitoring Study
This application was designed to collect data within a DOT approved secure application using cellular data connection.
- Researchers used the app to while collecting field data, being stored online.
- Data was collected at the inspection site(s) so speed and efficiency while collecting data was crucial.
KLD – Staff Survey
Below is an online survey which can be completed by KLD staff to measure an employee’s opinion of our policies, practices, benefits, etc.